800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Peru: Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley
Limited to 18 guests
Days: 9 | From: $5,995 (was $6,495)
Journey through Peru, from Lima to Cusco, mingling with locals in the Sacred Valley and exploring magnificent Machu Picchu, where you stay at the only hotel on site. You also visit massive, mysterious Sacsayhuaman.
- Travel by Vistadome train and stay at the only hotel on site at Machu Picchu, enjoying extra time to explore this spectacular "lost city"
- Enjoy a private talk on Machu Picchu with a renowned scholar in Incan history before discovering the magnificent ruins for yourself in the company of a local expert guide
- Mingle with the farmers and children of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and gain an intimate understanding of their centuries-old customs during a private visit to their village
- Visit historic sites in colorful Cusco during your stay at a luxurious hotel that was once a 16th-century monastery
- Sample Peruvian cuisine at a Chef's Table experience to better understand its cultural impact on Peru and the world
- Discover Peru's rich musical traditions during a captivating private performance by an expert in Andean music
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrive Lima, Peru
Day 2: Lima | Colonial Splendor and Inspiring Artifacts
Day 3: Sacred Valley | Cusco and Cooking, Peruvian Style
Day 4: Sacred Valley | Like a Journey Back in Time
Day 5: Machu Picchu | Bingham’s Stunning Discovery
Day 6: Machu Picchu/Cusco | Walking the Spectacular Ruins
Day 7: Cusco | The Immense Stone Marvel of Sacsayhuaman
Day 8: Lima | Colorful, Bohemian Barranco
Day 9: Depart Lima
Take This Journey Private | This itinerary is also available as an independent journey, Signature Peru & Machu Picchu, with A&K local guides.
Luxury Small Group Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.