800 554 7016 M-F 8-7, Sat 9-1 CT or speak to your travel professional
Cuba: Across the Island: People to People (2017)
Limited to 24 guests
Days: 13 | From: $9,795
Traverse the island of Cuba on a comprehensive program, engaging with people from different walks of life for an unforgettable look at a nation once again opening its doors to the U.S.
- Explore the island of Cuba from east to west on a comprehensive itinerary filled with people-to-people educational exchanges
- Ride a boat to Cayo Granma to meet with local fishermen and children, discussing the children of the Dreams and Fantasies Project, which creates art from objects that have washed ashore
- Try your hand at making traditional tinajones (earthenware pots) at Casanova Pottery Studio in Camaguey, learning about the precision and skill required to create these pieces
- Discover Cuba's and America's great shared passion, baseball, at a game where you meet and engage with the players, and even have the opportunity to play a few innings with them
- Engage in a stimulating discussion of the history of U.S.-Cuba relations with a Cuba policy expert in Havana
- Watch as students at the Vicentina de la Torre art school learn to perfect their skills and prepare for auditions
- 33 meals, with 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 10 dinners
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: ARRIVE MIAMI, FLORIDA
Day 2: HOLGUIN, CUBA / An Immersion Awaits
Day 3: HOLGUIN / Meeting with Residents
Day 4: SANTIAGO DE CUBA / An Island Interaction
Day 5: SANTIAGO DE CUBA / Uncovering Cuban History
Day 6: CAMAGUEY / Education & the Arts
Day 7: CAMAGUEY / Ride Like a Local
Day 8: SANCTI SPIRITUS / Charming Colonial City
Day 9: CAIBARIÉN & REMEDIOS / Cuban Industry
Day 10: CIENFUEGOS & HAVANA / Beauty by the Sea
Day 11: HAVANA / Immersive Experiences
Day 12: HAVANA / Cuba’s Capital
Day 13: DEPART CUBA
Connections Boutique Group Journeys 2017
Ask about A&K's Guest Protection Program.
Call for preferred rates through our partners.
Find items hand-selected for your adventure.